Laser Genesis Med Spa: Best Skin Care Clinic In Mississauga
Cynosure Icon Aesthetic System
The Cynosure Icon™ Aesthetic System is the next generation of platform technology, with high peak powers, state of the art cooling, built-in calibration, and the Skintel™ reader – the only FDA-cleared melanin reader. The Cynosure Icon system provides fast treatments with excellent outcomes and user experience.
Building on two decades of unparalleled investments in developing light-based systems for aesthetic providers, the Cynosure Icon system redefines the standard of light-based cosmetic and dermatologic care by introducing several new enhancements designed to help improve clinical outcomes and treatment satisfaction.
Cynosure has built upon its 20-year leadership to take aesthetic technology to another level. With the Cynosure Icon system, aesthetic practices can provide the most popular treatments including laser skin resurfacing, laser wrinkle reduction, laser scar and stretch mark treatment, permanent hair reduction, vessel and pigment clearance, and leg vein clearance.
Cynosure Icon, the Dawn of a New Era in Laser and Optimized Light Technology
The high-powered Cynosure Icon system provides the best and effective aesthetic treatments as one of Cynosure’s many patented innovations.
- The Skintel™ Melanin Reader: A revolutionary device that provides an additional element of treatment confidence by determining the average melanin density of skin, quantitatively, before treatment.
- Power: Delivering a maximum effective energy1 of over 350 joules – the Cynosure Icon is the most powerful laser and optimized light aesthetic platform2.
- Advanced Contact CoolingSM: Cooling maintains the temperature at 5 degrees Celsius during treatments for enhanced comfort and skin protection. Adjustable cooling technology keeps the epidermal temperature lower to reduce treatment discomfort and minimize skin damage.
- Hexagonal XFTM Microlens: High speed non-ablative fractional resurfacing with increased surface coverage typically allows for a full face, one pass treatment in under 15 minutes.
- Intuitive User Interface: Enhanced user interface features new treatment tracking technology for more streamlined procedures
- Calibration: New external calibration for optimal pulsed light performance
- AccuSpectrumSM: Dual filters minimize unnecessary epidermal exposure, enhancing client comfort
- Photon RecyclingSM: Maximizes treatment results by reducing energy loss
- Smooth PulseSM: Light delivery system that allows using of maximum energy
1 Maximum adequate power is defined as the spot size x maximum fluence as measured in joules. 2 Versus other leading brands.
Skintel Melanin Reader
The Skintel™ Melanin Reader provides an additional element of treatment confidence by determining the average melanin density of skin, quantitatively, before treatment.
For use with the Palomar Icon™ Aesthetic System, the Skintel reader aids the treatment process by providing suggested test spot settings based on the individual’s Melanin Index value.
Until now, aesthetic treatment providers have primarily relied on somewhat subjective tools to determine a client’s skin type – including the traditional Fitzpatrick Skin Type evaluation, observations of the client’s skin, and the client’s account of recent sun exposure.
The Skintel Melanin Reader offers practitioners a quantitative method of measuring melanin content for better treatment guidance and an added element of confidence.
How the Skintel Melanin Reader Works:
The Skintel Melanin Reader measures the diffuse skin reflectance at three unique wavelengths of light. These values are computed into a Melanin Index value, which corresponds to a Skintel fluence as a suggestion for a starting test spot fluence.
Aesthetic treatment provider takes Skintel measurements on a section of the skin within or near the area to be treated, and an average of the measurements is sent to the Palomar Icon Aesthetic System via a wireless connection.
The Palomar Icon system then suggests a starting test spot fluence; the practitioner then uses clinical judgment to choose a starting test spot fluence, which may be the suggested Skintel fluence or a higher or lower fluence.